- Clinical Pipeline
- Guadecitabine (SGI-110) DNMT inhibitor (Hematological Malignancies and Solid Tumors)
- ASTX029 Extracellular Signal-Related Protein Kinases (ERK 1/2) Inhibitor (Solid Tumors)
- Oral Decitabine and Cedazuridine (ASTX727) (Hematological Malignancies)
- ASTX660 Dual IAP Antagonist (Solid Tumors & Lymphomas)
- ASTX295 Oral Murine Double Minute 2 (MDM2) antagonist (Solid Tumors)
- Partnered Products and Programs
- Kisqali®(ribociclib) CDK4/6 inhibitor (Oncology)
- Balversa® (erdafitinib) FGFr inhibitor (Oncology)
- AZD5363 PKB/Akt Inhibitor (Oncology)
- Multiple Targets and Therapeutic Areas
- Pyramid™ Discovery Platform
- Oncology and CNS Discovery
- Sustaining Innovation
Astex Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in innovative drug discovery. The Sustaining Innovation Postdoctoral Training Program aims to maintain and further enhance the Company’s excellent scientific culture. This is an opportunity to join a diverse and dynamic team exploring new ideas that are relevant to and may enhance our drug discovery approach.
Astex scientists have pioneered Fragment-Based Drug Discovery, generating multiple new drug candidates that are progressing through clinical development.
What we offer
- Opportunities to learn about drug design from target evaluation to the clinic
- Cutting edge research in structural biology
- Access to novel tool molecules, targets and insights in cancer biology and drug discovery
- Development of new technologies for fragment-based drug design
- Participation in collaborations with world-leading academic groups and institutes
- The Chris Abell Sustaining Innovation Award is awarded annually to a member of staff for excellence in post-doctoral scientific research achievement at Astex
Join us in sustaining innovation
Our Postdoctoral training programs are for high calibre PhD scientists to perform cutting-edge research in an innovative and dynamic research environment.
Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to perform exploratory research as part of a multi-disciplinary team and publish in high impact scientific journals.
Astex is always looking to attract highly motivated PhD scientists from multiple research areas, including Neuroscience, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Structural Biology, Biophysics, Medicinal Chemistry and Cancer Biology.
Applicants may also propose their own scientific projects in drug discovery technology.